Curiosity Unlocked Limited (“CUL”) is committed to upholding the privacy and security of the information supplied by any user accessing our website. When we ask for any information by which you can be identified when using this website, and then you can be assured that it will inly be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Information we collect:
While some user information has to be mandatorily provided, others are optional. We shall always let the user know which is which. Additional information may be gathered during subsequent use by the User, whenever the user chooses to provide it.
We may collect the following information:
- Name of the users
- Query related to any product or service
- Contact information including Phone number and Email id
- Other information relevant to user and/or offers like preferences & interests
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services for the users.
- We may periodically send promotional emails to the users about the latest information which we think you may find interesting using the email id you have provided.
- We may contact our users by phone, email, SMS, etc for research purposes.
- Provide personalized features to our users.
- The information provided by the User is stored in access controlled facilities with restricted access. User Information transmitted over the internet is protected through the use of encryption, using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) or equivalent protocols.
- If a password is used to help protect User accounts and account information, it is the responsibility of the User to keep the password confidential. You have to ensure that you always log out, before sharing the device with a third party.
- We restrict access to personal information to our employees, who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
- We shall use generally accepted industry standards to protect the User information submitted to us, both during transmission and upon receipt. However, please be advised that, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, even though we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect User information, We cannot guarantee its absolute security and your use of the App is at your sole risk and discretion. We also cannot warrant that such User information may not be misused in the event our safeguards and protocols are breached by a malicious third-party. Further, We are not liable to nor can we fully control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information.
Sharing Of Information
We will not use user information for any purpose other than in connection with the website and services. We will not rent, sell or share user information and will not disclose any of the user’s personally identifiable information to third parties, unless:
- it is pursuant to obtaining the user’s permission;
- it is to help investigate, prevent or take action regarding unlawful and illegal activities; suspected fraud, potential threat to the safety or security of any person, violations of Terms & Conditions, or as defence against legal claims;
- it is a case of special circumstances such as compliance with court orders, requests/order, notices from legal authorities or law enforcement agencies compel us to make such disclosure.
Controlling your personal information:
- If and when a User is desirous of having his/her name and other details removed from our records, immediately upon receiving the User’s written request to that effect we shall, subject to the terms hereof, remove and/delete all such information.
- If the User no longer wishes to receive notifications about our services, the User may change his/her notification preferences by contacting us at email@example.com
Procedure For Correcting Inaccuracies In The Information
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- In the event of loss of access details, the User may retrieve the same or receive new access details by sending an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org